The Brooklyn Music School is proud to offer a Mentor Program that allows 80% of our students ages 15-25 to receive some type of scholarship to support their continued music education through BMS. BMS Mentors are individuals who provide a positive influence, both musically and personally, to younger BMS students.
For information on the application and audition to become a mentor, please contact Rafael Rosa, director of the BMS Mentor program.
- Regularly scheduled hours assisting the ARY program
- Work a minimum of 2 events in the theatre per quarter. A minimum of 4 events if not assisting in the ARY program.
- Participate in special performance events
- Mandatory attendance at major functions, events, and performances. (A list of event and production dates will be provided)
- Enroll in a minimum of one ensemble per semester
- Perform in a minimum of two recitals per quarter
- Maintain Mentor journal with a minimum of one entry per month and a weekly practice log
- Must be responsive to communications in a timely manner
- Arrive and Sign-In on time every single day
- Assist with transporting instruments during recital days
- Ensure that instruments are placed in their proper classrooms after use
- Organize classrooms at the end of each class
- Make sure that students are taking care of their instruments
- Demonstrate position work ethics and utilize tips/advice provided
- Assist with the Art's Reaching Youth (ARY) after-school program
- Assist ARY counselors in classrooms
- Assist ARY Teaching Artist in classrooms. This may include accompanying teaching artist
- Complete all tasks assigned before the end of shift