Summer Vocal Arts Program at Brooklyn Music School
The BMS Summer Vocal Arts Program (SVA) provides a selective, five-week intensive exposure to high-level vocal arts preparation and performance.
Designed to accommodate both highly promising student performers and accomplished adults, the SVA culminates in three fully produced shows: an opera, a cabaret, and a children's vocal production, that will be presented to the Brooklyn community as a showcase for BMS talent.
Each week of this accelerated course will include approximately 12 hours of classes in singing, performance, acting, and yoga for singers that will be integrated with rehearsal.
Students will have the opportunity to improve their vocal technique, diction, acting, movement and stage presence while learning material from a range of musical traditions.
Past summers have included performances of:
- Henry Purcell's Baroque opera Dido and Aeneas
- Hansel and Gretel by Engelbert Humperdinck
- A cabaret review entitled A Brooklyn Cabaret
- Selected scenes from Mozart’s Marriage of Figaro
- Echo et Narciesse by C.W. Gluck