Lina Tetriani - Voice, Vocal Chair
- Younger singers are encouraged to join private lessons with Lina Tetriani; trained at the Juilliard School.
- Emphasis on
- Breath Control
- Breathing for Singing
- Diaphragm; it's importance, location, accessibility, etc.
- Scales on open vowels throughout the singer's range:
AH, AYE, EE, OH, OO
- Introduction to the 24 Italian Songs and Arias (Published by Shirmer) as recommended by New York State for study in New York Music Schools. These songs utilized the open vowels the singer has studied.
- Learning how to negotiate singing songs in English.
Depending on the growth of the voice, strength of the body, and discipline of the singer, further study is possible: Spirituals, Ethnic Folk Songs, Broadway, Opera, R&B and/or Jazz.
- The study of Music Theory (learning to read music) is essential for the singing student regardless of age. This skill is most important because the voice is the one instrument you can perform with without having learned to read the notes first. Singers who do not learn this skill are severely limited in their preparation to perform.